The town of Quindanning is named after Quindanning Pool, located along the Williams River. Alfred Hillman discovered the pool in January 1835. The word is derived from the aboriginal word ‘quinda’ meaning ‘happy times’.
When one of the first licensed premises in this district, 'The Lyndhurst Arms Hotel' closed between 1897 and 1900, a then local resident, Henry Sherry Jnr constructed a building made from mud brick and was issued a Wayside Licence on December 3rd, 1900.
A more substantial two room brick building was later constructed – which can still be seen at the rear of the present Hotel. Over the years there have been a number of licensees. In 1921 it was acquired by a local farmer and businessman Mr Frank Morgan, who was initially responsible for developing it into one of WA’s best known inland resort hotels between 1925 and the late 1950’s. Mr Morgan substantially renovated the existing building and the bricks used were made on site at the rear of the premises. During the 1930’s the Quindanning Hotel established itself as one of the state’s favourite honeymoon and holiday resorts, providing patrons with a variety of outdoor activities including a 9 hole golf course, horse riding, duck shooting and kangaroo hunting.
The Quindanning Hotel is one of the most easily recognisable historic buildings in the district and one that is still very much in use today. With its generous use of jarrah panelling, open wood fires during the winter, quiet location, large gardens and long verandahs, the Quindanning Hotel is ideal for a weekend or mid week getaway.